Saturday, July 14, 2007

One Year Down, More To Go...

Well, it has officially been one year since our dossiers have been logged in at the CCAA in China. On the one hand, the time sure has flown by, but on the other, the wait has been excruciating! Right now they are saying that the total wait time could be up to 3 years. I hope not, but at the current pace the CCAA has been placing children with their families, this could be what we're looking at. I try to be optimistic about all this, but some days it's just so hard. I see all the children of my family and my friends, and I think, "when is it going to be our turn?" I hope to say that "our turn" comes in the next year, but I just don't know... It's the not knowing that is the most painful part. I know our daughter is coming - I just wish it was today and not some tomorrow in the future.

To mark today's occasion, Robert and I went to a very nice restaurant and looked out onto Lake Monona and had a really nice dinner. I guess this is the time to cherish our alone time together before our daughter arrives. But, I would rather our lives be crazed with a lovely little girl who exhausts us completely on a daily basis.

I already miss our daughter, and I don't even know who she is yet...

2 comments:

Mama Seuss said...

I know some days are better than others. Hang in there!

~Heather

Kim :) said...

Happy 1 Year!! We are LID 07/14/06 too...