Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I feel like we're going to be parents

Our Robin, who we've decided to name Dori (she's a little dingy for having picked our back deck as a place to nest). She has now laid 3 little blue eggs and we're now awaiting the arrival of her little babies. Today, she even allowed me to sit outside with her on our patio set. I was totally shocked and elated at the same time.


If anyone has any naming ideas for the 3 future babies. I'm open to suggestions. Just leave them in the comment box.

Most Robins lay any where from 3 to 4 eggs at a time. Dori laid eggs number 1 and 2 yesterday and egg number 3 today. The eggs will hatch in 12 to 14 days, and then she'll be a mama bird. How sweet!


If you'd like to read more information about the American Robin, here's a great website for you. http://www.learner.org/jnorth/search/RobinNotes2.html

1 comment:

Matt's IR Site said...

That's easy; Huey, Duey, and Louie.

Matt