Well, it's another day of rain, flooding, tornado sirens, and 45 mile an hour wind gusts. This evening, I spent a bit of time in the basement listening to the tornado sirens going off. Not my idea of a good time. We had lovely flash floods and Robert and I watched the floodplain behind our house literally fill up within an hour. Today, we got lucky - the worst of one storm hit just a few miles south and east of us where there were "rotations" in the clouds. So close, but thankfully so far away. Another storm hit going from Richland Center to the Wisconsin Dells area - which is one of the hardest hit areas. In the Lake Delton/Wisconsin Dells area, the rivers are flooded over and houses were even washed away. I feel so terrible for the families affected. Our "area" has just been devastated by all of this rain. I can't even tell you how many roads are closed due to the flooding. It's absolutely unbelievable! Towns have been told to evacuate, the Red Cross is in full-swing with shelters. So sad.
But, thankfully, we are both safe and our basement is still DRY! Well, time to let the thunder and lightning lull me to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment