Monday, June 30, 2008

Testing the E-Mail method of Posting Into Our Blog

This is just a test to see if I can successfully e-mail into my blog - will the picture be included and where will it get placed in the post. What will be used, if anything, as the headline. Here goes nothing... The photo is one of many books in our future daughter's book collection - "Zen Shorts" which is a Caldecott Honor Book. It teaches Zen principles in a kid-friendly way that is easily understandable and relatable to them. Children are asked to view things from other points of view - a great lesson to be learned! The illustrations are wonderful watercolors that are just too sweet.

Note to others: It worked great!! Great way to circumvent the blogging problem when we eventually make it to China. I love it!!

How-To Directions:
  1. Sign into your blog and then click on "Customize"
  2. then, click on "Settings"
  3. then, click on "e-mail"
  4. you will see an address to the right of "Mail-to-blogger address". Use that e-mail address as your e-mail address to post messages onto your blog with. I think I filled in part of the e-mail address in the blank box?? Can't remember, though...
  5. Your title of the blog post comes from the subject line in your e-mail address.
  6. photos get placed at the top of the post and your e-mail message gets posted below them.
  7. make sure that "publish e-mails immediately" is checked, otherwise your e-mails get saved as drafts, not posts.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We just got that book as a shower gift!

What is the email way of blogging to blogger? I'd love to know for Vietnam and/or China.

I was in WI for fireworks too, but on my parents' lake near Hartland. They were excellent! Happy 4th.