Saturday, July 12, 2008

Art Fair On the Square

This year was the 50th Anniversary of the Art Fair on the Square. We were also blessed by the weather gods today as it stopped raining just before the art fair began this morning. It was also very comfortable weather and overcast, making for an enjoyable stroll around the square. I went with my lovely artist friend Judy and we got inspired to paint again. Afterwards, we had drinks and lunch at the Old Fashioned restaurant. I went for the Mojito (Yum!) and Judy went for the Bloody Mary with a beer chaser. All I can say, is that our smiles were at least a mile wide.

This painting is by one of the artists at the Art Fair on the Square (Shelby Keefe) - this one is of the Chinatown in SanFrancisco. I chose this painting to post because this was Judy's favorite artist at the fair and because it's of Chinatown (China theme). I just love the bright colors and great brush strokes! (note: even better in person!)

No comments: