Friday, July 18, 2008

Destress Your Life Through Food

Instead of relaying depressing adoption woes, I decided to post today about my favorite topic - food. I was brought up in a great family where at breakfast, you discussed lunch, at lunch you discussed dinner and at dinner time you discussed the next day's breakfast. Of course, I think my mom is the world's greatest cook!

With all of the stress of a Chinese adoption, I find pleasure in eating some great comfort food. This recipe is one of my favorites for brunches. For those who don't know what a blintz is - it's the Jewish form of a filled crepe. You can find them in the frozen section of your local grocery store.

Blintz Soufflé

2 pkgs Blintzes (I like either fruit or cheese blintzes)
1 stick butter
4 eggs, well beaten
1-1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tablespoon orange juice (optional - I never use)

Melt butter in a 2-quart Pyrex and place blintzes over melted butter in one layer.
Blend other ingredients with eggs and pour over blintzes.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until top starts to brown.

Note: You can use light sour cream to keep the calories down a bit, but NOT the FAT FREE sour cream - doesn't work.

Happy Eating!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Our family makes blintzes from scratch for Easter. Definitely comfort food!