Tuesday, July 14, 2009

3 Year Anniversary


It’s hard to imagine that today is our 3rd anniversary of our Log-In Date in China. We certainly never expected to reach this milestone. But, alas we have… I am a firm believer in the philosophy that things happen for a reason, even if we’re not sure what that reason is at the time when it’s happening. So, I have to think that this wait is teaching and preparing us for this wonderful child that we get to call our daughter.

During our wait, we’ve taken lots of wonderful vacations (each one was supposed to be our “last one before our child”) and Robert was able to get his private pilot license (this would have been harder/impossible with a child at home). I have even gotten to meet some of my July 2006 CCAI chat group - some of whom we'll be traveling with in China - Yeah!

I strongly feel that we are on the downhill now awaiting our daughter’s referral. I am optimistic that around this time next year, we’ll be holding a referral in our hands and sharing with you her beautiful face.

I look forward to the day.

Happy Anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I simply cannot imagine waiting that long. I thought 9 months (11 months total with travel) was bad back in 2000. I admire you guys that are waiting now.

Feel free to drop by my blog. You can see what fun it will be when your daughter reaches 9 1/2 :-)

Hang in there! I will be following your story!

CCAI Mom - Group 230