Well, it's certainly been feeling like summer around here. We've been at nearly 90 degrees the past few days and I can certainly say that these are NOT typical Wisconsin May temperatures! It's supposed to be like this until around Wednesday. It's just plain HOT! Humidity is my enemy (as anyone with curly hair will attest to!).
I did get most of my herbs planted in my deck boxes - this year it's sweet basil, thai basil, oregano, and rosemary. I still have to get my mint, but the last nursery was out of it. Something to do today.
Earlier in the spring, we did buy a new bird feeder and it is now like a bird sanctuary around here. We've been getting lots of house finches, goldfinches, cardinals, sparrows and unfortunately some doves who like to be naughty and scare away the smaller song birds and sit on the bird feeder that is too small for them. Ah well. I try to scare them away when I catch them, but they don't seem to catch the hint.
Here's a photo Robert caught of a male cardinal, a sparrow and some house finches on the feeder. Happy birds!! We really enjoy just looking outside and watching them. It's very relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment