Tuesday, September 28, 2010

President Barack Obama in Madison today

Amazing experience today, I got to see President Barack Obama when he was in Madison speaking in the Library Mall near campus. My friend Judith got us VIP tickets and we were less than 50 feet away from the President and the other speakers. This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. I was in heaven. We had such an amazing time. I'm still wide awake from all of the excitement!

Mounted police - security was VERY TIGHT!

... going through the metal detectors...

Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin

the mass of humanity (over 15,000 people) watching the speeches

Ben Harper played - amazing!!

Senator Russ Feingold

Milwaukee Mayor Barrett, running for Governor of Wisconsin

President Barack Obama takes the stage!




Don't forget to go vote in November!!

1 comment:

Trish in New Orleans said...

Sue, I saw your blog link on the CCAI list, and decided to take a look. Thanks for posting these fabulous pictures of the rally. Wish I could have been there!

Good luck w/ this adoption!

Trish in New Orleans
Married to Andy
Mom to Dorothy (9, from Jiangxi, CCAI group 427), Clara (7, from Hunan, CCAI group 620) and Henry, 4, from Gansu, cl/cp)