Monday, January 24, 2011

The 100 Good Wishes Quilt top is done

My mom came in today and we finished putting together the quilt top for our daughter's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. It turned out so beautifully! I just wish my daughter was here to be wrapped up in it. All in good time, I guess...

I chose this pattern because it kind of reminded me of a basket weave - all the love being woven around her to keep her warm and loved all night long.

And as is tradition in Amish quilts - it's not supposed to be perfect. It should always have at least one flaw in it. As neither of us had made a quilt before - there are plenty of those to go around! Just don't look too closely!

Thanks mom for all your hard work. I love you!

Now, I have to call the quilter who will be doing the long-arm quilting on her machine. Fun times!

My mom sewing on the last of the sashing

the finished 100 Good Wishes Quilt

My mom modeling her handiwork

Me modeling the finished quilt. Love it!

No comments: