Thursday, October 6, 2011
Hello from Beijing!
Well, we made it to Beijing! We had a bit of a delay at O'Hare airport and so we didn't get here in Beijing until around 1:30 am on Oct. 4/5. We woke up early yesterday and our guide took us to see the Great Wall and one of the hutongs (very old section of Beijing) here. The Great Wall is just so much more incredible as you are standing on it than you can possibly imagine. We were just awe stricken. We spent a few hours walking the wall. We also were taken to a place where they make cloisinne. Really amazing how they do it!
Today, we saw Tianemen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, the Summer Palace, and a drive by the birds nest olympic stadium. We've come to realize that these easy days of touring and travelling are about to end... And quickly! It's amazing being here and immersing ourselves in our daughter's country. While we were out today, I was stopped by a Chinese tourist who wanted her picture taken with me - I guess they don't see too many wild and crazy curly-haired Caucasian women where they were from. When you are out and about, you are definitely stared at as we are most certainly minorities here!
Tomorrow, we meet up with our adoption group in Hong Kong. We should arrive around dinner time. I am so excited to finally see them all!
It's hard to believe we're only days away from seeing our beautiful daughters for the first time.
Sorry, but no pix at this time... My iPad isn't allowing the upload from it. Will try again in Hong Kong when one of our friends has a laptop we can potentially use.
... And to our families - we are sending you lots of love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys made it...we all have been wondering on our group if you have!! YAY!! I am truly so excited for you and Robert..looking forward to the post of the girls being placed in your arms!!
God Bless,
Sherri
We brought both a laptop and an IPad. Laptop works great. You are welcome to use it anytime. See you tomorrow!
Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to see the girls in YOUR arms! I'll be following along!
Had gone to bed early tonight but couldn't sleep and have been thinking of the two of you. So I got up to check and am so thrilled to read your update. Enjoy every second of China! It drags on in ways and it also flies by! Cannot wait to hear about getting your sweet girls!
Post a Comment