Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hard to believe...

It's hard to believe that today marks one year since we got "THE CALL" and saw the beautiful faces of our twin daughters, Leah and Sarah (LiLi and XiuXiu) for the first time. I had been prepared for the adoption of one child with the very slim chance (I think we were told about a 3% chance) of being referred twins so when the call came and she told me to "sit down" while she told me the name of my first daughter, my hands began to shake and my mind was going a million miles an hour. I am not sure that it has stopped since! I was given Leah's information first and then Sarah's.

When I got off the phone with CCAI, I immediately called Robert to to tell him "twins!" I can't speak for him on how he got through the rest of his day. I do know that my day was crazy to say the least.

I then called my parents and had them scheduled to help me repaint and fix up what would then become the new and improved nursery that would work for two cribs. We had to switch the guest bedroom and nursery around and repaint each room. It was crazy. I had to find a second crib, buy a second high chair, two baby carriers, and the list goes on... And we had 5 weeks to get it all done in.

I can't imagine life without these two amazing little girls! We love you!

Sarah and Leah at about 6 months old. Our first glimpse of what was to come.

No comments: