Well, some sad news to report... When I went out onto our back deck at lunch time, I noticed there were no longer any babies in the nest. I can assume that probably one of our neighborhood hawks got them overnight. Nature can certainly be cruel.
I'm soooo sorry to hear about the loss. I know exactly how you feel. Every year the finchs make nests in my eaves. This year I watched four babies and photo graphed them at each stage so that my kids could see them and then.... I came home from work to find the nest torn to shreds and on the ground with no babies in sight. It makes me soooo sad when this happens. I know it is nature and the evolution of life but it does not make it any easier.
3 comments:
Oh no! That's so sad! I know how much you were enjoying watching them hatch and grow. You are right, nature certainly is cruel.
So sorry!! So sad.
Alyson LID 01/27/06
Enjoyed reading your posts. Happy "waiting"!
I'm soooo sorry to hear about the loss. I know exactly how you feel. Every year the finchs make nests in my eaves. This year I watched four babies and photo graphed them at each stage so that my kids could see them and then.... I came home from work to find the nest torn to shreds and on the ground with no babies in sight. It makes me soooo sad when this happens. I know it is nature and the evolution of life but it does not make it any easier.
dawn in sac
http://talesfromthebigtomato.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment