Friday, June 27, 2008

Visiting Taliesin

Today I had a lovely day with Sabina. I cooked her a lovely gourmet lunch and then we took off for a 2-hour tour of Taliesin (Frank Lloyd Wright's studio and home in Spring Green, WI) and just plain hanging out together. As Sabina lives in Portland, I don't get to see her too much. Taliesin was really interesting to see, but is in some need of renovation. I LOVE the Prairie Style architecture, but could never live in a Frank Lloyd Wright home-too many oddities. Our tour guide was really amazing and had lots of great stories about the very eccentric "Mr. Wright".

After visiting Taliesin, I took Sabina to Mazomanie, a cute little small town on the way back to Madison. We stopped at this cute little cafe that I had been to before. We were quite surprised when out of the blue this cute little family circus took over the main drag (note: the main drag consists of about 6 buildings) - it was so cute seeing these little kids walking around on stilts. See a picture for yourself. The kids looked like they were having so much fun showing off.

No comments: