The Process:
Step 1: Buy new environmentally friendly Kohler toilet (Cimarron 1.28 GPF)
Step 2: Buy proper hoses and do-hickies (things only Robert knows the proper names of)
Step 3: Remove old toilet and plug up hole with something so fumes don't knock you out!
Step 4: Realize that there is wall paper behind old toilet that can now be seen when putting in new toilet
Step 5: Remove said painted over wallpaper with wallpaper stripper (see below)
Step 6: Add sand texture where wallpaper used to be to match the rest of the wall
Step 7: Prime the wall with tinted primer
Step 8: Paint the wall with leftover paint and hope it matches the color on the wall as it has been sitting in the paint can for 6 years (thankfully we had a match!! Yeah! Way worth the effort!)
Step 9: At 6:58 pm on a Sunday, realize you bought the wrong size hoses - as the ones we bought were for faucets, not toilets. Call Home Depot only to find out they close at 7 pm so can't finish installing toilets.
Step 10: Go back to Home Depot to buy proper size hoses (hope next set fits! Robert will pick up on his way home from work today)
Step 11: Finally after 3 days, install new toilet! (took place on Tuesday evening)
Our Brand New Toilet's Grand Debut... Isn't it beautiful?! Works well, too!
2 comments:
nothing is ever easy. a project like this for me has only one step: call Dad. ;o)
Kris
Ha! This is very similar to our story of a few weeks back. I've been following your blog for awhile now, and have wanted to send you a copy of my book for those going through the wait. It has a spiritual bent (though not evangelical Christian), so if that's not a fit I understand. We leave for China Tuesday, if you have any interest in following our journey. (I understand if it's too painful.) I'm from Wisconsin, so I've always enjoyed following your blog. I'm sure I'll have jet lag and Mommy brain when i get back, but remind me via email if you want the book. (schlumpfh at yahoo dot com).
Post a Comment