Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Grandma,

You were a major part of my life and I wish I was there to say "goodbye". I love you very much. You were supposed to hang on for another year or two so you could meet our daughter - your great grand daughter. This wasn't in the plan. You were supposed to live to be at least 100 - you only had a few more years to go.

While you weren't great on stature (I'll give her the benefit at 4 ft 10 inches), she made up for in personality. She was fiery and strong willed. She loved her daughters, grand kids and great grand kids with all her heart. I know we were the pride and joy in her life just as she was to us.

One photo my mom has hanging on her refrigerator is of me hanging on to my grandma's leg while she was trying to vacuum. I was probably only about 4 years old. I didn't want to let go.  I used to love going to grandma's house as she would spoil me rotten. We used to play Rummikub, Hearts and Gin Rummy.

She is and always be my "little grandma". I will miss you always.

Love,
Sue


This bottom photo is the last photo I have of me with my grandma. It was taken this past Thanksgiving.

No comments: