Monday, March 15, 2010

Grandma: The Quilting Queen!

Well, as our wait to our daughter has extended, the urgency of working on her quilts had been put on the back burner. Well, all that has changed! I really feel like within the next year we'll be getting our referral. So, now is the time to start working on her quilts. I've already collected most of the needed squares and now it's just a matter of putting it all together which is NOT an easy task! Neither my mom or I have ever quilted before.

Thankfully, we had the assistance of a quilter friend of mine who has graciously donated her time (and the use of her amazing sewing machine) in teaching and guiding my mom and I in this little venture. I have no idea how we would have done this without her help.

So, last Monday, I got all the pieces trimmed so that when they came over today, the sewing began in earnest. It really came along fast. My mom, who had sewn, but never quilted before really did an amazing job. A proud grandma for sure! There was so much love put into this. I can't wait for our daughter to be able to snuggle up with this and carry it around the house.

The quilt is a representation of the 12 signs of the Chinese Zodiac (Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig).

Here are a few photos from the day.

No comments: