Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother-to-be Day!

Well, I think it's finally safe to say that this will be our last Mother's Day we'll be celebrating sans child. It's been a long road to motherhood and I know that all the hardships that we've faced before adopting will have better prepared us for the actual event. Along the way I've made some very close friends in the adoption community and they've been instrumental in my sanity these past almost 5 years. They continue to guide me and I continue to learn from them as some are already experienced adoptive parents and mother's to biological kids of their own. Parenting should be a continuum of learning and I look forward to the day when I get to hone my own skills and raise our own beautiful little girl. I hope to be as wonderful a mom to my daughter as my mom was to me.

Wishing all a Happy Mother's Day and Mother-to-be Day to my other July 2006 adoptive moms-in-waiting!

No comments: