Thursday, July 14, 2011

5 years

Who would have thought when we started this process that the wait to bring our daughter home would take over 5 years, but here we are on our 5 year anniversary of being logged-in (the date our paperwork arrived in China) finally getting close to seeing our daughter(s) face for the very first time. So much has happened in the past 5 years besides the fact that we're 5 years older. We've traveled the world, Robert got his pilot's license, family has gotten married, lots of kids were born and we just enjoyed life. We've been so accustomed to our life as just a married couple of 2 and now our life is about to take a wild turn. I hope we're ready for it! We've been trying to mentally prepare for it, but really... how can you?!

Hopefully, we'll hear about the next batch the last week of July or first week of August and know if we've made it in this next batch or if we're going to have to endure one more. I'm optimistic, but you just never know.

All I can say is that during these 5 years, I've made some amazing friends in my adoption group and look forward to seeing them in China. Our July 14th LID (Log-in date) is the BIGGIE of the month so we're going to have a lot of families with babies in our group traveling with us. It's going to be a wild time in China!

Please have happy thoughts for us as we hope that our wait is about to end.

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

Yay for being closer to seeing pictures of our sweet girls!! I look forward to meeting up in CHINA soon!! :)