Well, the surgery is over and done with! I have a one-inch scar on my neck. My neck is swollen and it feels like I have a huge lump in it. My actual pain is pretty minimal, but I feel lots of stretching and pulling in my neck muscles. You also don't realize how much you use your neck muscles until something is actually done to them. I can't drive right now, since I am unable to turn my neck enough for me to drive safely. Right now I'm having some residual side effects from the surgery - my fingers and toes are all "tingly" and I woke up this morning with a serious muscle cramp in my left leg. They are still working on why that's happening. They are going to do another blood test to see if maybe it's my magnesium level?? I'll find that out this afternoon. My calcium and parathyroid hormones are all back to normal, though. So, that at least, is good. I should be fully recovered in a few weeks. Yeah!!
I will be home now just hanging out the next few days, since I can't do anything - no driving, no lifting, no nothing... Can we say "BORED!!"
Also, a big "Thank You" to my mom for taking care of me the past few days. It was such a huge help to have you around - especially for that last-minute run to the hospital last night. I love you!
1 comment:
I've been thinking about you! Glad you are doing well and the that the surgery was successful! Hopefully the side-effects work through soon! If I lived closer I'd come over and keep you company!
~Kristen
Post a Comment